Professional Services Insurance

Make light work of finding the insurance you need to protect your clients, your reputation and your livelihood.

Get a quote 020 8349 5100

Insurance solutions that help protect your business and reputation.

When you work in professional services you have a considerable amount of responsibility towards your clients and the risks can be many and varied. Whatever your profession - from accountant, IT Consultant, architect and financial adviser to advertising, media and graphic design – having the right insurance in place is essential. 

We understand that every profession has its own needs, which is why we spend time getting to know your business and the risks involved. We work with trusted insurers to make sure we get the right protection for your business at a competitive price by combining all covers under one policy, helping to eliminate any gaps.

Standard Covers

  • Professional indemnity.

  • Contents.

  • Computers.

  • Loss of revenue/increase cost of working.

  • Employers liability.

  • Public liability.

Optional Covers

Insurance for Professional Services Firms From Ashley Page

Working with us gives you access to a specialist team with expertise built from working with a wide range of professions over many years.

We’ll build on that insight, working with you to understand your specific circumstances - including any relevant industry requirements or regulations - before advising on the covers you need to protect your business. 

These could include:

  • Professional indemnity - to mitigate the risk of legal action alleging professional negligence, error or omission.
  • Business Interruption – assess and evaluate if you require Loss of Revenue or Increased Cost of Working cover.
  • Liability insurances - employers and public liability cover, to protect you if an accident should occur.
  • Specialist covers for issues like breach of contract and confidentiality, infringement of intellectual property rights, defamation, and the risks associated with cybercrime.
  • Ensuring you have the appropriate jurisdiction to protect any work you may carry out for overseas clients.
Get a quote 020 8349 5100

Our Professional Services Experience

We have extensive experience of working with consultants and businesses operating across the spectrum of the professional services sector and delivering insurance that is tailored to individual business needs. Building on this knowledge and expertise, we provide a wide range of bespoke insurance solutions including:

  • Accountants insurance.
  • Management consultants insurance.
  • IT consultant insurance.
  • Engineering insurance.
  • Architects insurance.
  • Property managers insurance.
  • Advertising and media agencies insurance.
  • Graphic and interior designers insurance.
  • Professional indemnity insurance.
  • Media liability insurance.

Find out how we could help protect your business today.

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

Why do I need my Employer Reference Number (ERN) when I take out an insurance policy?

If you require employers liability and your business is not exempt from holding a HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Employer Reference Number (ERN), you’ll need to provide us with your ERN. Insurers need to give employers liability insurance policy details including, where appropriate, your ERN, to the Employers' Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) who will add the details to their electronic database. The database helps people who have suffered injury or disease at work in the UK to quickly and easily find the insurance company which was providing employers liability insurance at the time their injury or disease was sustained.

What is an engineering policy and do I require one?

There is a statutory requirement to perform periodic inspections on certain types of plant or equipment. An engineering policy will provide access to and cover the cost of professional inspection services, and can be extended to provide sudden and unforeseen damage cover including breakdown. If you own or operate equipment that requires regular inspection, you may need engineering cover. Examples of plant or equipment requiring regular inspection include: lifts, forklifts, power presses, exhaust ventilation plant, stored air or steam pressure, plant fitted with hydraulics, chains, wires or ropes.

Do I need professional indemnity insurance?

The businesses that usually decide they need professional indemnity insurance (sometimes called PI insurance) will generally be those that give advice, offer a professional service, or handle client data/intellectual property. Professional Indemnity provides cover for errors and omissions made during the course of your business and can be applicable to a wide variety of businesses, from architects, designers and engineers to accountants, solicitors and consultants. In some cases professional bodies or regulators stipulate that their members or the businesses they regulate hold PI insurance. Meanwhile, some businesses may decide to take out cover as a result of a contract requirement, to protect them financially or to help them secure contracts.

Latest News from Ashley Page

Five ways business owners can prevent a cyber attack

28th October 2019

However big or small your enterprise may be, no business is exempt from falling victim to a cybersecurity attack. Learn how to minimise the risk.

Small Businesses: Human error is your number 1 Cyber Security risk

9th September 2019

Human error remains one of the biggest cybersecurity risks to small business owners. Read our guide on how to spot the most common threats.

Supply chain and Cyber Security risks

9th September 2019

Supply chains are at a greater risk of a cybersecurity attack, due to the large nature of chains and third party suppliers, learn about the risks…

What is the most common cause of a cyber incident in the hospitality industry?

29th August 2019

The digital nature of the hospitality industry makes businesses vulnerable to a cyberattack. In this post, we outline the most common causes.