Property Owners Insurance

Access specialist policies, expert support and enhanced cover to better protect your property assets.

Get a quote 020 8349 5100

Peace of mind comes with securing tailored, cost effective cover.

As a property investor, you’ll know that protecting your bricks and mortar assets against the unexpected is vital. The right insurance cover is crucial to protecting your investment and your operating income should the unforeseen occur.

We understand that your specific insurance needs will depend on a number of factors, such as whether you own one property or portfolio, if your property is residential, commercial, mixed use or house in multiple occupation (HMO), location, property type and so on. One size does not fit all and peace of mind comes with securing tailored, cost effective cover, which we can help arrange for you.

Standard Covers

  • Property damage.

  • Loss of rent/alternative accommodation.

  • Property owners liability.

Optional Covers

  • Terrorism.

  • Employers liability.

  • Legal expenses.

  • Directors and officers liability.

  • Engineering breakdown and statutory inspections.

  • Contract works.

  • Non-negligent liability (6.5.1 cover).

  • Structural warranties.

Insurance for Property Investors and Developers From Ashley Page

At Ashley Page, we have the experience, the expertise and the market relationships to find the insurance solution you need to protect your property assets.

You’ll get access to specialist real estate policies, with a wide range of cover enhancements, backed by our commitment to outstanding service and ability to adapt to your individual circumstances.

For instance, we can arrange cover for unoccupied properties and properties undergoing refurbishment, we can invoice tenants directly where required and we have significant experience of dealing with lenders to ensure policies meet their requirements.

In addition, we can arrange specialist covers where needed. That includes advising on (and arranging) contract works insurance, structural warranty insurance and arranging for the indemnification of managing agents under public liability cover, as well as offering enhanced cover features within some policies such as:

  • Trace and access cover.
  • Loss of metered water costs.
  • Removal of Japanese Knotweed costs.
  • Concern for welfare costs.
  • Drain clearance cover.
  • Environmental cover.
  • Fly tipping cover.
  • Illegal cultivation of drugs cover.
  • Involuntary betterment cover.
  • Loss of investment value cover.
  • Loss of market value cover.
  • Non-invalidation cover.
  • Seventy two hour cover.
  • Undamaged portions of building cover.
Get a quote 020 8349 5100

Our Property Owners Experience

We have more than 40 years’ experience of working with property owners, property investors and developers to find protection tailored to their specific needs. Our commitment to the highest professional standards and client service are at the heart of what we do, which is why we have a client retention rate of 96%. Our clients trust us to help provide cost effective insurance for properties ranging from blocks of flats and residential properties to commercial properties.

We are the preferred broker of the Association of Serviced Apartment Providers (ASAP), selected for our expertise and knowledge in helping commercial clients, hoteliers and serviced apartment providers protect what matters most to them, providing a first-class personal service every step of the way.

Find out how we could help protect your investment today.

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is an engineering policy and do I require one?

There is a statutory requirement to perform periodic inspections on certain types of plant or equipment. An engineering policy will provide access to and cover the cost of professional inspection services, and can be extended to provide sudden and unforeseen damage cover including breakdown. If you own or operate equipment that requires regular inspection, you may need engineering cover. Examples of plant or equipment requiring regular inspection include: lifts, forklifts, power presses, exhaust ventilation plant, stored air or steam pressure, plant fitted with hydraulics, chains, wires or ropes.

What should my property owners/landlord policy include?

A comprehensive property owners/landlord insurance policy should include: All risks cover in respect of the building and contents, alternative accommodation costs and loss of rent cover following an insurance loss, property owners liability cover, trace and access cover for leaks, lock replacement.

What is loss of rent cover?

If your premises were to suffer an insured loss such as flood, fire or storm damage and become uninhabitable for an extended period of time, you will suffer a loss of earnings (or rental income) while the property is unoccupied. Loss of rent cover replaces that lost income to help ensure you can continue to, for instance, meet mortgage payments. You will need to ensure that the period that the policy will pay your loss of rent is long enough to cover you until things are back to normal.

Why do I need business interruption insurance for my hotel?

If, for instance, you suffered a fire that stopped guests entering and being able to use your facilities, business interruption insurance could compensate you for loss of earnings or additional costs incurred during this period. Extensions of cover can also be added to offer protections for additional risks such as denial of access, where something such as a police incident prevents access to your premises, public utilities, where damage occurs to the utilities such as gas or electricity supplying your premises.

What is property owners liability insurance?

Property owners liability insurance indemnifies you should a third party (tenant, visitor or workman) become injured or their belongings damaged as a result of a fault in your property.

Can you insure listed properties?

All types of listed and protected properties can be covered and the sum insured needs to reflect the property’s listed status.

What should I include in my contents cover?

Your contents cover should include anything that is not built in - for example furniture, white goods, carpets, curtains, clothes, linen, kitchenware and so on.

What is subsidence?

Subsidence is the downward movement of the site upon which a building stands, where the soil beneath the building foundations is unstable. Subsidence often results in cracking within an affected building.

How do I know when my property was built?

You can find out when your house was built by checking your mortgage valuation or a previous survey. If you don't have these consult a professional surveyor – remembering that insurers want to know the approximate year in which the property's foundations were first laid.

How do I calculate the rebuild cost of my home?

Rebuild cost is calculated on the gross external floor area of your home and guidance can be obtained form the ABI who provide a guide of rebuild costs ( However, for the more complex properties, many insurers offer a free appraisal service which will calculate the correct rebuild cost taking into account internal finishes.

Latest News from Ashley Page

Five ways business owners can prevent a cyber attack

28th October 2019

However big or small your enterprise may be, no business is exempt from falling victim to a cybersecurity attack. Learn how to minimise the risk.

Small Businesses: Human error is your number 1 Cyber Security risk

9th September 2019

Human error remains one of the biggest cybersecurity risks to small business owners. Read our guide on how to spot the most common threats.

Supply chain and Cyber Security risks

9th September 2019

Supply chains are at a greater risk of a cybersecurity attack, due to the large nature of chains and third party suppliers, learn about the risks…

What is the most common cause of a cyber incident in the hospitality industry?

29th August 2019

The digital nature of the hospitality industry makes businesses vulnerable to a cyberattack. In this post, we outline the most common causes.