Specialist insurance for ASAP members

Protect your business with an insurance solution designed exclusively for ASAP members.

Get a quote 020 8349 5100

An exclusive solution designed for ASAP members

As a serviced apartment operator you face a unique set of risks that require specialist protection. That’s why we’ve developed a suite of insurances with unique covers and extensions that provide you with an "all risks" solution.


A single policy for you 

We understand that convenience and ease are important when it comes to arranging your insurance, which is why we can package all your insurance together to create a single competitive and comprehensive policy that caters for all your insurance needs. Our help doesn't stop there, we'll continue to provide you with advice and guidance on managing your risks and insurances throughout the lifetime of your policy.

Key Covers

  • All risks.

  • Large portfolios.

  • Building and contents.

  • Accidental/malicious damage and theft by tenants.

  • Business interruption including loss of revenue and alternative accommodation.

  • Subsidence.

  • Trace and access.

  • Legal expenses.

  • Cyber.

  • Terrorism.

  • Management liability.

  • Professional liability.

  • Ability to add office and liability.

Key Benefits

  • Includes free property owners liability.

  • Highest level of cover available.

  • Exclusive policy for ASAP members.

  • Specialist policy designed for serviced apartment operators.

  • Competitive premiums.

  • Fast quotation and instant cover available.

We are the preferred insurance brokers of ASAP

We understand the risks you face as a serviced apartment operator and we have the expertise, knowledge and relationships with leading UK insurers to create a suite of products that give you the specialist protection you need.

With more than 40 years' experience helping commercial clients, hoteliers and serviced apartment providers protect what matters most to them, we provide a first-class personal service every step of the way.  

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is an engineering policy and do I require one?

There is a statutory requirement to perform periodic inspections on certain types of plant or equipment. An engineering policy will provide access to and cover the cost of professional inspection services, and can be extended to provide sudden and unforeseen damage cover including breakdown. If you own or operate equipment that requires regular inspection, you may need engineering cover. Examples of plant or equipment requiring regular inspection include: lifts, forklifts, power presses, exhaust ventilation plant, stored air or steam pressure, plant fitted with hydraulics, chains, wires or ropes.

What should my property owners/landlord policy include?

A comprehensive property owners/landlord insurance policy should include: All risks cover in respect of the building and contents, alternative accommodation costs and loss of rent cover following an insurance loss, property owners liability cover, trace and access cover for leaks, lock replacement.

What is loss of rent cover?

If your premises were to suffer an insured loss such as flood, fire or storm damage and become uninhabitable for an extended period of time, you will suffer a loss of earnings (or rental income) while the property is unoccupied. Loss of rent cover replaces that lost income to help ensure you can continue to, for instance, meet mortgage payments. You will need to ensure that the period that the policy will pay your loss of rent is long enough to cover you until things are back to normal.

Why do I need business interruption insurance for my hotel?

If, for instance, you suffered a fire that stopped guests entering and being able to use your facilities, business interruption insurance could compensate you for loss of earnings or additional costs incurred during this period. Extensions of cover can also be added to offer protections for additional risks such as denial of access, where something such as a police incident prevents access to your premises, public utilities, where damage occurs to the utilities such as gas or electricity supplying your premises.

What is property owners liability insurance?

Property owners liability insurance indemnifies you should a third party (tenant, visitor or workman) become injured or their belongings damaged as a result of a fault in your property.

Can you insure listed properties?

All types of listed and protected properties can be covered and the sum insured needs to reflect the property’s listed status.

What should I include in my contents cover?

Your contents cover should include anything that is not built in - for example furniture, white goods, carpets, curtains, clothes, linen, kitchenware and so on.

What is subsidence?

Subsidence is the downward movement of the site upon which a building stands, where the soil beneath the building foundations is unstable. Subsidence often results in cracking within an affected building.

How do I know when my property was built?

You can find out when your house was built by checking your mortgage valuation or a previous survey. If you don't have these consult a professional surveyor – remembering that insurers want to know the approximate year in which the property's foundations were first laid.

How do I calculate the rebuild cost of my home?

Rebuild cost is calculated on the gross external floor area of your home and guidance can be obtained form the ABI who provide a guide of rebuild costs (www.abi.bcis.co.uk). However, for the more complex properties, many insurers offer a free appraisal service which will calculate the correct rebuild cost taking into account internal finishes.

Latest News from Ashley Page

Five ways business owners can prevent a cyber attack

28th October 2019

However big or small your enterprise may be, no business is exempt from falling victim to a cybersecurity attack. Learn how to minimise the risk.

Small Businesses: Human error is your number 1 Cyber Security risk

9th September 2019

Human error remains one of the biggest cybersecurity risks to small business owners. Read our guide on how to spot the most common threats.

Supply chain and Cyber Security risks

9th September 2019

Supply chains are at a greater risk of a cybersecurity attack, due to the large nature of chains and third party suppliers, learn about the risks…

What is the most common cause of a cyber incident in the hospitality industry?

29th August 2019

The digital nature of the hospitality industry makes businesses vulnerable to a cyberattack. In this post, we outline the most common causes.